POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More kitchen stuff (32kbu) : Re: More kitchen stuff (32kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More kitchen stuff (32kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 8 Jan 2002 00:58:16
Message: <3c3a8a78@news.povray.org>
"bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> Hmm, yours is in reality granite and yet you chose to use a marble pattern
> instead?  Or does the granite look more like this did?  I like the look of
> it no matter.

Mine looks fairly close, stone is a slightly darker green. I've seen
grey marble, wood, grey granite, black stone pestle and mortars in various
stores

> Comment on metal texture:  seems the measuring spoons don't have
reflection,
> or at least the right kind of reflection.  It could even be that were the
> pigment raised and diffuse lowered that those might be more metallic (sure
> hope they aren't plastic or I'm talking for nothing here).  Does seem to
> have 'brilliance' used anyhow.

<sigh> gotta work on my textures. The spoons are white plastic
texture {
 pigment {White}
 finish {specular 0.5 roughness 0.02}
}

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Chaos, disorder and panic      *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   My job here is done.           *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*